Friday 16 September 2011

The loneliest seal in the world

The sad case of the half-blind ginger-coloured seal pup - which has been discovered on Russia's Tyuleniy Island, hiding under a pile of logs, hungry and alone - has captured my heart. Although the pup is quite possibly the cutest being on planet Earth, its retard fam had abandoned it, likely for being albino.

Here's what the (self-aggrandising) photographer told the chief seal pup reporter at The Daily Mail: He was not playing with other baby seals he just was hiding and waiting for his mother to come and feed him. As soon as I saw him I knew he was different, he had a very strange color fur and looked different from his two black brothers. When the seal saw me he turned his head to me as I took his picture. I spent around half an hour photographing him, I was pleased to be able to capture such an unusual animal. But it is a great pity because, the poor seal is almost blind and so was unlikely to survive in the wild.

Here's another picture of an albino seal:
Photo credit: jc_on_vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment