Wednesday 8 September 2010

Harris Tweed: Still woven by hand in the Western Isles

If the furious rainstorm that battered me this way and that this afternoon as I rode my bike down Holland Park Avenue is anything to go by, Autumn is well and truly here. While it is a bummer that the sun has put away his hat and is not coming out to play for months and months, there is a silver lining - finally I can wear my Harris Tweed jacket. I snapped it up at the otherwise underwhelming vintage fair at Hammersmith Town Hall and have been itching to get it on since. It's just not been chilly enough 'til now. Check out the great vid about the charming history of Harris Tweed I just peeped over at ace blog A Continuous Lean. It reminded me that cold dark nights aren't all bad. Now all I need is a smoking pipe and an obedient dog named Spencer or Stanley.

Via A Continuous Lean

1 comment: