Wednesday 5 May 2010

Robocop Geographic


Oh boy!
National Geographic have penned me another 'reminder' letter. For regular readers, you'll know this happens on a frighteningly regular basis.
Gone are the previous appeals to my better conscience. Now, it's straight hardball. No chaser.
John 'Don't Play' Griffin, President, Publishing (for those of you dumb enough not to remember his top level exec title) has a simple message for getaway scum like me:
THIS IS YOUR FINAL NOTICE.
Unless I get back to him and his boys 'immediately' I face expulsion from the party:
"your name will be dropped from the National Geographic Society membership rolls."
Keep it going harder Johnboy.
In keeping with tradition there's still a little guilt pill for me to swallow:
"p.s Think how much your family member's gain from NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC'S blend of information, imagination, and insight. Renew now for them- as well as for yourself"
ie stop being such a selfish bstd Archie and give your family back their imagination, info and insight (you lazy thief).

Via the doormat

No comments:

Post a Comment